Hallmark Keepsake Ornament – Pop! Goes the Snowman – First in Jack-in-the-Box Memories Series 2003 (QX8457) – From back of ornament box: Victorian Era jack-in-the-boxes, which entertained children in the late 1800s, had faces that resembled puppets from popular Punch-and-Judy shows of the day. Earlier jack-in-the-boxes are also thought to have been similarly inspired — in fact, some of the 16th-century playthings were called “Punch boxes”. This series of Keepsake Ornaments will feature characters we know and love today. A different one will pop out of the box each year. This jolly snowman is delighted to be the first.
- Hallmark Keepsake Ornament – Pop! Goes the Snowman – First in Jack-in-the-Box Memories Series 2003 (QX8457)
- This charming little fellow is approx. 3-1/2″ in height X 2″ in width.
- Features a Victorian Era style jack-in-the-box that pops up to “Pop! Goes the Weasel”!
- This is the first ornament in the Jack-in-the-Box Memories series by Hallmark.
- The snowman is clad in green fabric gloves and green and red fabric neck scarf. His body is made of white fabric and his head and top hat are plastic.