WE Games Old-Fashioned Metal Jacks in a Wooden Box
• 6 months ago
- INCLUDED: This gift-quality version comes with five silver jacks and five gold jacks made of metal and two bright red bouncy balls. The set comes in a finely crafted wooden box with a magnetic closure. A nostalgic game of skill and infinite fun. Perfect to travel with, too!
- MEASUREMENTS: The wooden case measures 3.45 x 3.43 x 1.59 inches. The individual jacks measure nearly an inch point to point.
- HISTORY OF JACKS: The origin of Jacks is closely connected with that of dice, of which it is probably a primitive cousin, and is possibly Asiatic. Sophocles ascribed the invention of Knucklebones (Jack’s ancient name) to Palamedes, who taught them to his Greek countrymen during the Trojan War. Both the Iliad and the Odyssey contain allusions to games similar in character to Jacks.
- SKILLS: The game of jacks has been a playground game for many generations. Players learn socialization skills, hand-eye coordination and fine-motor skills when simultaneously bouncing a ball and scooping up a specific number of jacks. Can be played alone or with friends. The better you get, the more you want to play!
- WE GAMES: Making the world’s best traditional game since 1977. Our games are crafted with high quality sustainable materials with attention to fine details. WE Games donates time and resources to the Toy Foundation to help children in need who are facing many of life’s most difficult challenges.